Last updated: Jul. 27, 2021
The Agency offers three primary service packages, namely the Brand Identity and Design Starter Pack, the Brand Strategy and Design 2.0, and the WordPress Website Design and Development service. A2A also offers custom services on a case-by-case basis (the “Services”). More details about the Agency’s Services can be found on its website https://a2acreative.ca/ (the “Website”), by email, and through third parties.
Herein, “A2A” designates the A2A website, https://a2acreative.ca/, and the information systems that supports them.
1. Terms of the Policy
c) A2A does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under the age of 13. In the case it is discovered that a child under 13 has provided A2A with personal information, the Agency will immediately delete it from its servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided A2A with personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that the Agency might remove your child’s personal information.
d) In order to help A2A maintain and ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date, you must inform the Agency, without delay, of any change in the information you provided to A2A.
2) Personal Information
a) The personal information A2A collects includes:
- Your first and last name;
- City in which you are located;
- Email address;
- Credit card payment information;
- Your business name and information regarding your business’ organizational structure; and
- Any other information required in accordance with applicable legislation.
b) A2A may collect personal information through the following means:
- Directly from you/the User;
- Electronic devices; and
- Third-party sources.
c) Your Data may be used for purposes including but not limited to:
- Connecting with you to provide the Services;
- Providing the Services to you;
- Completing the subscription opt-in process;
- Administering promotions;
- Administering, billing, and collecting funds in relation to your use of Website or the Services;
- Protecting against fraud or error;
- Communicating with you to fulfill requests and ensure satisfaction;
- Fulfilling the terms of a warranty or agreement; or
d) To help A2A monitor and improve the Website quality, the Agency may collect your computer or mobile phone’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, the web page visited before you came to A2A’s websites, information you search for on the Website, locale preferences, transactions date and time, operating system information, as well as metadata concerning your Data such as software of origin and typology.
e) A2A will always seek your consent before or at the time that it collects personal information. A2A may collect information about you from a third party if you have consented to that third party to release your information, for example, for payment or credit card processing. A2A may also utilize the services of third parties and may receive personal information collected by those third parties in the course of the performance of the Services. A2A requires all third parties to provide confirmation that they are authorized to release your
f) A2A is the sole and exclusive owner of the Data and will not sell, share, lease, or otherwise distribute or disclose the Data in any way other than as disclosed by this Policy. Data may be collected through multiple pages on the Website.
3. Authorized Disclosure and Use
a) A2A discloses personally-identifying information, namely, the Data you provide to A2A and such personal information as A2A lawfully receives from third-party sources (“Personal Information”) only to its contractors andaffiliated organizations and third parties that need to know that Personal Information to process it on A2A’s behalf or to provide the Services, and that have agreed not to disclose it to Some of those contractors and affiliated organizations and third parties may be located outside of Canada and/or outside your jurisdiction. By using the Website or the Services, you consent to the disclosure of Personal Information tothem for purposes including but not limited to:
- Providing the Services;
- Processing your payment;
- Managing and administering your access to the Services;
- Sending marketing and promotional communications;
- Conducting feedback and user surveys;
b) A2A may also use your Personal Information, specifically your contact information, including but not limited to your name and email address, with your consent for the following purposes:
- to send you content as a member of A2A’s Chronicles of a Creative mailing list;
- to send you A2A’s newsletters;
- to inform you of A2A surveys and provide associated notices and updates;
- to inform you of special offers from A2A and its partners and select third parties and to provide associated notices and updates; or
- to inform you of updates to the Website and Services;
c) Your Personal Information may also be used and disclosed:
- to comply with valid legal proceedings;
- to respond to a complaint or dispute;
- during an emergency situation where health or safety is at risk;
- to protect the rights of A2A;
- to prevent fraud or abuse of A2A or its Users;
- to protect the safety of any individual from injury or death;
- as required by A2A’s professional advisors;
- where the personal information is publicly available; or
- with your consent.
In such event, only the minimum amount of personal information required to fulfill the contemplated purpose will be disclosed.
d) Collected Information and Cookies may be used in aggregate form to assess how users use the Website. Your consent will always be sought prior to Cookies being allowed from the Website.
e) When you contact A2A to obtain support, the Agency may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing and reserve the right to publish it without any way to identify its origin, to help us support other Users.
f) If A2A is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your Data and Personal Information may be transferred as part of that A2A will notify you via email and a notice on its websites of any change in control or use of your Data and/or Personal Information. A2A will also notify you of choices you may have regarding the Data and Personal Information.
g) A2A may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners, such as publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, A2A may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of its A2A will never disclose data which may personally identify you without your prior written consent.
h) You may change or withdraw your consent, or update your Personal Information at any time, subject to legal or contractual obligations and reasonable notice by contacting our Privacy Officer in writing to email@example.com. A2A may terminate any services to you immediately if you withdraw your consent to the collection of Personal Information. A2A may require that you provide sufficient information to identify yourself before the Agency complies with any request regarding Personal Information or Data stored by A2A. A2A will use all reasonable efforts to respond to user requests in a timely manner.
4. Retention of Data and Information
a) You may change or update your privacy preferences by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes:
- Updating your address and personal information;
- Subscribing or unsubscribing to marketing and promotional communications; and
- Updating your credit card information.
b) A2A will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you the A2A uses industry-standard encryption and security standards to protect your information. Once the Services you have purchased are deemed to have been rendered in the sole discretion of A2A, your Data will be deleted automatically within 30days. If you wish to request the deletion of your Data, you may request such deletion by emailing email@example.com.
c) A2A may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements. Consistent with these requirements, A2A will endeavour to delete your information quickly upon request. Please note, however, that there might be latency in deleting information from A2A’s servers and backed-up versions might exist after deletion.
d) If a specific purpose is stated on the Website for the collection of information from you, the information collected will only be stored and used for that stated purpose. Your information will not be used for any other purpose which is not stated explicitly on the Website.
e) A2A will not process personal information in a way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by you. A2A generally assumes that information that you provide is accurate. If information you give is inconsistent with other information you’ve given or with information that is available in public records or from other sources that A2A is permitted by law or agreement to use, A2A will use reasonable efforts to make sure that the information it processes is accurate.
f) A2A may refuse to provide access to information to the extent that disclosure is likely to interfere with the safeguarding of important countervailing public interests, such as national security; defense; or public security. Other reasons for denying or limiting access are:
- Interference with execution or enforcement of the law, including the prevention, investigation or detection of offences or the right to a fair trial;
- Interference with private causes of action, including the prevention, investigation, or detection of legal claims or the right to a fair trial;
- Disclosure of personal information pertaining to other individual(s) where such references cannot be redacted;
- Breaching a legal or other professional privilege or obligation;
- Breaching the necessary confidentiality of future or ongoing negotiations, such as those involving the acquisition of publicly quoted companies;
- Prejudicing employee security investigations or grievance proceedings;
- Prejudicing the confidentiality that may be necessary for limited periods in connection with employee succession planning and corporate reorganizations;
- Prejudicing the confidentiality that may be necessary in connection with monitoring, inspection or regulatory functions connected with sound economic or financial management; or
- Other circumstances in which the burden or cost of providing access would be disproportionate or the legitimate rights or interests of others would be violated.
5. Usage Data
a) Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service. Usage Data may include information such as your mobile device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of A2A’s Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
b) When you access the Website by or through a mobile device, A2A may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
c) A2A may also collect information that your browser sends whenever You visit its Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device.
b) A2A or its hosting providers may collect traffic information and information about your visit in a log file on a server. Log file information may include, but is not limited to, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. A2A or its hosting provider use this information to analyze trends, administer sites, track aggregations of users’ movements, and gather demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses and other log file information are not connected to personally identifiable information.
c) A2A may also collect information from web beacons, which indicate whether you visited a certain page on a website, opened a promotional email, or clicked on an online advertisement.
d) A2A may collect geographic location from your mobile device or IP number to determine the nearest store or suggest specific product shipping offerings.
e) The Website is not designed to recognize “Do Not Track” requests from web browsers.
a) A2A may from time to time use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of its Website.
b) Google Analytics
c) Email Marketing
- With your prior consent, A2A may use your Data to contact you by newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to You. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from A2A by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email A2A sends or by contacting The Agency.
d) A2A may use Email Marketing Service Providers to manage and send emails to you.
8. Third-party Applications
b) A2A may share your information with a thir-party application with your prior written consent, for example for payment processing. A2A accepts no responsibility or liability in respect of any third party. Please refer to the privacy policies published on any third-party sites, which you may access through the Website before submitting personal information to them.
The security of your Data and Personal Information is extremely important. A2A follows the generally accepted standards held within its industry to protect submitted information, both during transmission and once it is received. Data is stored on internal, external, and encrypted online servers, protected with firewalls, malware protection, and multiple backup points. However, no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. Therefore, A2A cannot and does not guarantee absolute security. Unless specific contractual arrangements are made with you, A2A may process your Data on a server located outside your jurisdiction.
11. Privacy Officer
The Privacy Officer for A2A is Adrienne Martin. Should you have any questions about this policy, including any complaints, you may contact her Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A2A reserves the right to charge a reasonable amount to respond to requests to produce transcripts, copies, or transfers of its Data or your Personal Information. You will be notified prior to being assessed a charge for such services.
14. Governing Law
16. No Waiver
17. Agreement to Terms of Policy
By using the Website and/or providing information to A2A, you accept and agree to the collection and use of your personal information for the purposes described hereinabove.